Monday, May 17, 2010

Cheaters Spanish Rice


I like to make things that look and taste like it took a long time to prepare but didn't and I have a few what I call "cheaters" or short cuts for some of the foods I like to eat.
Don't get me wrong I love my husbands Spanish rice. He says day old rice works the best, and it takes an hour to prepare standing by the stove.
Mine, I make in the rice steamer:

so you need:
Rice steamer,
1 cup uncooked rice
1 (15oz)can chopped tomatoes
1/2 a (8 3/4oz) can corn or frozen
1 1/2-2 cup water (or broth)
1 large clove garlic chopped or 1/2 Teaspoon garlic pdr
1/4 large yellow onion chopped or 1/2 Teaspoon onion pdr
1/4 of a green bell pepper (optional if you have one)
couple shakes oregano

all into the steamer and turn it on. Makes enough for 2 or 4 if you are giving them a standard serving of rice. (I have a small rice cooker only makes 2.5 cups cooked)

No comments:

Post a Comment