Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dorothy Costume

I know not everyone can be as lucky as me and be able to raid your mothers' closet for free fabric and then decide what to make. That is how this costume started.  I had a monkey costume for the baby and needed something to match. My mom had tons of inexpensive, blue checkered fabric. So, I modified a vintage dress pattern my mom had to make the Dorothy costume.


I made an additional bodice to attach and wear underneath. I made the middle bigger because it gathers around the neck. Don't forget the blue ric-rac around the neck and sleeves.
 She loved it and wore it for 2 Halloweens. Why bother to make her a different one, right?
My matching costume as the witch, came from a grownup pattern for Snow White, but all black.  I bought a black thrift store button up ladies blouse that looked like silk/rayon. I took off the sleeves and hemmed them. I cut the bottom to be more box shaped, like that of the tops of European castles.  I didn't get around to making the laced belt but, I was happy with how it came out.


1 comment:

  1. I truly delighted in perusing your article. I discovered this as a useful and fascinating post, so I think it is helpful and knowledgeable.this is an awesome blog article.Much thanks once more. This is wonderful site desksta to find information about instagram.

    ReplyDelete