Thursday, February 26, 2009

Star Wars Wedding Dress

       This Star Wars Episode 3 wedding dress was a complete custom design. I Started with a McCalls Pattern 2861. The front of the dress has three tea dyed appliques, on the side and back panels I doubled up with a layer of sheer with a vine work on it. The bride said it was very comfortable.
       The over coat was an afghan I ordered from ebay that I carefully cut and re sewed together to make a coat.  I used the same sheer from the dress and made sleeves and sewed them to the coat, so when the coat was off the dress didn't look weird.
      The ceremony was a windy day in March and her dress was the only thing that wasn't blowing all over the place and it kept her warmer than her bridesmaids. The guests thought it was vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment