Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lemon Meringue - Strawberry Shortcake Costumes


A while back I posted about the birthday party that inspired this Lemon Meringue dress. Unfortunately, I did not include very many pictures of it at the time, so I'd like to take this opportunity to share it with you in detail.


This is the Lemon Meringue character image that inspired this dress.
This dress style lends itself to using left over fabric to embellish, which is what I did. Lots of ruffles.

The peplumbs were borrowed from our Cinderella pattern. I appliqued yellow tear shaped spots on the peplumbs to make them look like lemon slices. The skirt is a gathered rectangle 2.5-3x the measurement around the child. Cropped sleeves and a zipper up the back. I bought these leggings, but these would work as well. I settled on some yellow jelly shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment